What is Professional Coaching?
Think of a coach as a brainstorming partner. I’ll work with a client to help them think through an issue or an area where they want to be more effective. I don’t solve problems for them – they are active participants in the coaching process. What I can do is provide an un
biased perspective, encourage my clients to make the conscious choices that will move forward. One word of caution – a coach isn’t a therapist. If you think you need the help of a professional therapist, please reach out to the appropriate providers.
To find out more about the role of a life coach, click here.
I’ve been coaching for 15 years and have been trained in many different coaching frameworks. I’m adaptive to my client’s needs and will provide a safe, compassionate environment. However, I will challenge my clients to help them explore new ways of thinking. Staying in our comfort zone doesn’t allow for growth!
How does the process work?
There are a few steps to beginning a coaching relationship. It’s important to make sure the coach and client have a good relationship, they are working toward a stated goal, and have a clear understanding of the professional relationship between a coach and client. In the past, coaching was primarily conducted in-person. However, these days we can also have effective coaching sessions via phone or video chat. I can accommodate clients from all over the world.
This is the typical process:
- We’ll meet to have an initial consultation. The purpose of the meeting will be to discuss the client’s goals and determine if we are a good fit.
- If we determine to move forward with our professional relationship, we’ll discuss the coach/client contract outlining expectations of each party.
- We’ll determine the client’s goal for the coaching period so we can assess progress to goal at the end of our sessions.
- We’ll determine a meeting schedule and meet accordingly. The client is always in charge of the sessions. My job is to help encourage a growth mindset.
- At the end of our sessions, we’ll evaluate where the client is compared to goal.
|Initial Consultation||$125.00 CAD|
|Per session||$100.00 CAD|
|Package of 10 sessions||$800.00 CAD|
|Package of 10 sessions booked at end of 6 week blended learning course||$700.00 CAD|
To request an initial consultation, click here. Please complete the contact form and someone will get back to you as soon as possible.